Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Football Manager 2013 Guide



By 


Hello everyone!
I wanted to share the way I approach any team I manage and what exact steps I undertake when starting a game on football manager!
When creating yourself as a manager I would suggest being an international footballer as background if you are a beginner and automatic or Sunday league footballer if you are an expert!
After selecting a team, I go in the training menu! In the general Training section I always select very high intensity on team cohesion till the pre-season ends then high during the season. As for the match training I keep the match rest 'selected and I choose attacking movement as focus. Finally, as far as scheduling is concerned I slide towards "more match training" up three-quarters up the way. A good tip: If you struggle scoring on set pieces or you concede a lot defensively you might want to change the training focus if you wish however I have found that leaving those two intact throughout the season to be a 'winning strategy'.
After the training I move on the staff responsibilities, I usually transfer all duties apart from searching and buying players and ask my assistant manager to arrange friendlies, attend press conferences. I prefer to do team-talks and contracts renewals for both staff and players.
Review the team in detail, look at every individual and transfer list any unwanted players, a good tip is to look at the team report which identifies the key strengths and weaknesses of every team, I then assign the staff to scout the "world" and if that is not possible (as small teams are not able to do so) I assign them to the regional area.
What about tactics? Well for the tactics section, if you are a beginner I would heavily suggest going to forums like the SI official website or even FM base; they have plenty of tactics which work great and people usually help you very much! If not I usually identify my players and create a tactic in accordance to the players selecting the formation, mentality, fluidity and so on. I prefer to leave tactics as the modern version whereby you can use shouts throughout the game and thus make it more realistic than "classic tactics".
When creating a tactic from scratch - First you need to select the appropriate formation which in all cases has weaknesses and strengths for example: 4-5-1 some pros' include: Three Central Midfielders make it easier to dominate the pitch and it keeps possession better than a normal 4-4-2 however the lone striker must be very good or less the goals could be hard to come and the players need to be technically adept to hold the ball otherwise the tactic becomes useless. The second step is to select the philosophy and strategy - this is mainly in correlation with your players, for example: If your players lack mentally then a rigid or balanced philosophy works best or if your players lack pace giving them too much freedom might displace your team to a great extent and get badly hit on the counter! Finally, you will find that the strategy will follow the philosophy you choose thus if you want to play quick and swift football then an attacking strategy is the key. If you are a beginner I would leave the sliders to default as they can affect your team in a very negative way, just change the strategy if you are unhappy of the results. Finally select a target man and a playmaker if your tactic requires it or you have the players to do so.
As far as shouts is concerned, there is no general guide however it should in relation to your tactic's mentality
I hope you enjoyed my guide and if you have any questions or feedback PLEASE let me know!
David


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7464533

No comments:

Post a Comment